With the Japanese manga course offered by Domechan you can learn or deepen all the aspects and essential characteristics that characterize and differentiate manga design from other styles.
The course offered is intended for those who already have general drawing skills.
The total duration of the course is 6 Lessons
Each lesson has a duration of 2 hours starting at 19.00 and ending at 21.00.
The course will begin on Tuesday 21 September and will end on Tuesday 26 October with the traditional phase
Among the lessons may be assigned non-mandatory and non-binding exercises to the correct conclusion or continuation of the course.
Traditional phase of 6 lessons:
(Lesson 1) Introduction to Manga and its language
- The language of Manga
- Differences between Yomikiri and Rensai Manga
- Types (traditional magazine Manga, web Manga, Tate Manga and Yon-Koma)
- Target (Shōnen, Shōjo, Seinen, etc.)
- Genres ( Battle, Slice of Life, Gag, Spokon, etc.)
-Visual-narrative differences with comics in the world (Italian, French-Belgian and American)
- Introduction to the Tools we will use
- (Lesson 2) Storytelling
- Notions of Character Design
- (Lesson 3) Anatomy of characters
- Anatomical bases (face, head body proportions, joints, etc.)
- Visual characteristics of the protagonist (and differences with the antagonist)
- (Lesson 4) Inking
- Inking techniques
- Effects (onomatopoeia, Beta Flash, Uni Flash and other effects)
- Kinetic Lines
- (Lesson 5) background
- Notions of perspective (Ground Lines, horizon and vanishing points)
- (Lesson 6) The Genkou, the manuscript ' in Beauty’
- Pre-squared B4 sheets (Tachikiri, Tonbo and Splash Page)
- Squaring Table
- The design in beautiful
- Hints about traditional nets and their application